Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Candy Chang

So it turns out that this Candy Chang chick seems to be a pretty respectable upcoming artist. There isn't much info out there about her; but the stuff I found seems to be circulating, which means she's getting somewhere quickly. One of the things that stands out for me is the fact that she is a 2011 TED Senior Fellow. If you don't know what TED.com is, you should. Click that link right now and have fun spending a few hours watching some of the most interesting lectures you have ever seen. Anyway, I'm going to continue under the assumption that you know all about TED.com. The TED Fellows Program groups together some of the worlds most creative, innovative, and accomplished people. Anyone over 18 can apply. Some of these people are extraordinary. Sending in my application would look like a joke, in comparison. This page probably will give you a better description than I can. Anyway, the fact that Candy Chang is a TED Fellow kept me interested. Check out her Bio on TED.com. The blartical "Move over, Banksy: Candy Chang's art might actually save the world" is a biiiiit of a stretch...but it still caught my eye. She likes letting others participate in her work. Here's some of her work that I found most interesting...
















No comments:

Post a Comment